Short Term Ministry
Our vision is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with children and teens in India and Asia, all through the avenue of Christian camping. By serving as a short-term instructor, either individually or as part of a team, you can help immensely in this mission. When you do serve, you will experience your host country in a way that you could never match as a tourist.
We desire to enable you to engage in global missions, continuing the Lord’s work of spiritual development by discipling children at LCMI camps.
We offer a short-term missions program where we train volunteers and prepare them to serve overseas in India and Asia in short-term ministry that leaves a long-term impact.
Our goal is to disciple volunteers who then encourage and train youth on the mission field. We invite you to join us in reaching out to children and families in India and Asia!
Are you interested in making a difference for Christ on our next missions trip? Fill out the application here and sign up to be a world-changer today! Apply Now!
There are a wide variety of opportunities for short termers looking to serve overseas. We offer 10-day trips (one camp) and 17-day trips (two camps) for short termers. Below are various ways you can serve at an LCMI camp:
- Bible Class
- Missions Class
- Project 61 – Purity/Restoration
- Music Class
- Sports Class
- Outdoor Games
- Camp Counselor
- Worship Team
Medical (Special Needs Camps)
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
Starting Your Journey
We help each short termer and team to organize their travel logistics, and will provide you with pre-field team training to cover the practical, spiritual, cultural, and relational aspects of missions overseas. During your overseas ministry, your team will work alongside LCMI staff, investing in the lives of children and teens. After you return, we will hold a post-field debriefing with your team, as a time of continuing spiritual development.
- Please note: the LCMI calendar is tentative; we are able to schedule camps in certain months, but camp dates may be subject to change. We will keep you updated if any changes occur.
- Once you know several dates that may work for you or your team, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your possible trip dates.
- After initial communications and as things develop, each team member may then mail the following documents to Life Change Ministries International, P.O. Box 187, Ephrata, PA 17522
- The safety of children is our priority, and our responsibility is worldwide - it does not end at our borders. If and when your application is approved, you will need to complete Pennsylvania's mandatory background checks for working with children. Your application approval is conditional upon your background checks coming back clear. We at LCMI will help you through this process, making it as quick and easy for you as we can. We thank you for understanding that this extra measure makes a huge difference in protecting each child that attends our camps.
- We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know if you or your team has been approved. Do not apply for an international visa, or solicit funds from donors before your application is approved.
- Once you are contacted that your application has been approved, we will set up training dates for you or your team, so that we can walk with you through the process of preparing for your overseas ministry. Training is broken into two or three sessions and is usually held at the LCMI office (205 Washington Street, Denver PA 17517), but we remain flexible and work with each team, depending on their availability and location.
Short-Term Show & Tell
Get a glimpse of LCMI’s short-term camping ministry…
Going to India was a life changing experience. The kids we met there were so amazing and they go through so much, but at the camp they were able to smile and be happy. There were two siblings who stuck out to me. The boy was handicapped and his younger sister was always there to watch over him. The love that little girl had for her brother was so clear. One day we were out playing games and she was there helping him play. They both had the biggest smiles on their faces; it was the little things like that which made the trip so meaningful.
What a joy the past week has been, when you start the week off with the campers who remember you [from last year] running up with bright eyes big smiles and hugging you upon arrival…I have never ministered in such completeness. Our God spans all nations and language barriers and joints our hearts as one.
My short stay in India has changed my life forever. It was an amazing experience to be so incredibly reliant and in tune to God and His will, moment by moment. It wasn’t always easy, but I know that he has blessed me a thousand times over by my choice to get out of my comfort zone and following his call. Working at the camp allowed me to use my musical skills to bless and connect with the staff and campers. I was surprised to come home feeling like I had received much more than I was able to give.